Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July & Some Updates

To celebrate the 4th, Dan, Lexi & I drove up to his parents house in WV. We got up there around 2:00 p.m. & ended up staying until around 7:30 p.m. It was a family cookout & it was very relaxing & HOT. My father-in-law, Don, set up a slip & slide for the kiddos: (JT got his turn on the slide with a little help from his Aunt Kelly)
(Arden taking a turn)
(& of course Dan had to get in on the action)

Some more cute photos from the day:

(So adorable)

Dan's Dad gave him a t-shirt to put on after he used the slip & slide, we were in shock that there was a quote from Groucho Marx on it & instantly made us think of P90X because there is a Groucho Marx move that Tony Horton makes us do. Dan then proceeded to do the Groucho Marx pose: ("Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read!" - Groucho Marx)
(Lexi begging for JT to drop some pizza)

(Just having a good ole time)

After spending the day with Dan's family, we drove back to VA to catch the fireworks display in Herndon. We dropped Lexi off at home because she was completely exhausted. We ended up getting the royal treatment & getting to watch the fireworks on top of the Dairy Queen & had a great view. We hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July!

Some Updates:
Several weekends ago I was working in the front yard & got the itch to tear out the large set of bushes that we have just below our main front window - I have always hated them & finally got up enough nerve to take them out. I dragged Dan out of the house that day to help me & he was not too happy about it because golf was on. After some griping on his part, we were able to finish the project. It looks soooo much better. (Notice the large shrubs to the right of Evan & I?)
(They're gone!) We do plan on putting different shrubs in & landscaping a little better, eventually.

Dan will be leaving tomorrow for Myrtle Beach with a handful of his buddies & will get back on the 11th. They are going down there for a guys weekend & plan on golfing probably every day & going to the beach. He's pretty excited about it & he should be; I know he'll have a great time. I will be working all week which I am totally fine with because I love my job. Lexi & I will be fending for ourselves this week & having some girl time. As you can see from our vacation countdown above, we leave for Barbados on the 31st & we are super excited about that trip.

On Saturday, after coming home from the pool, I decided to hit up DSW because they were having a huge sale & I found the cutest shoes by Madden Girl. I can't wait to wear them to work this week: There were so many cute shoes there but I promised Dan that I would only come home with one pair. :o(

I am starting my third week of P90X today & am seeing a lot of improvement in my arms, legs & mid-section. I have a lot more energy now & am still enjoying working out, although I absolutely hate the legs DVD because I have horrible knees & have pain the entire time I'm doing it. I'm hoping I see even more improvement by the time we leave for vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails