Saturday, July 17, 2010

Updates & More Movie Reviews

As you know, Dan went on a guys trip to Myrtle Beach last week & got home on Sunday evening. He had a lot of fun but as soon as he walked in the door I could tell he was exhausted. Playing 36 holes of golf every day in the heat & going out every night will take a toll on you. Apparently he didn't stay out as late as everyone else did; he was the first one back at the condo every night but he was still staying out late & calling me around 1:30 a.m. Dan is not camera happy like I am so I don't have any photos to share with you but I'm glad he had a good time & was able to get away with the guys.

This week was my recovery week for P90X which means you get a break from the DVDs that you do weekly & incorporate the DVDs that you haven't really used before, i.e. core synergistics, X stretch. I'm feeling good & am not self-conscious when I wear my bathing suit at the pool. My clothes are fitting a lot better & I have even been wearing outfits that I have not been able to get in to for several months because of my previous weight gain. I have already decided to take the P90X DVDs with us to Barbados, including the bands, so I can work out while we're there. Two years ago when we went on vacation there I got up early & worked out every single day. I can only take so much lying by the pool until I gotta get up & do something.

On Tuesday & Wednesday this past week I went over to my friend/neighbor, Laura's, house after work because her husband, Evan, was away on a business trip. She had asked me if I could come over & help out with bedtime; she has two kiddos, Audrey & Finley. I have helped out with bedtime before when Evan was out of town & I loved doing it so of course I had no problem going over. What usually happens is I give Audrey her bath & read books before bedtime while Laura is bathing Finley & feeding him. This time when I went over I played with Audrey & kept her entertained until bath time; got her bath out of the way & got her ready for bed. Each night I got home around 8:30 p.m. & I was always in such a good mood after getting to play with them. They are so sweet & constantly make me laugh. On Wednesday night I came home & told Dan, "oh my gosh, Finley's chubby little arms & legs are so sweet I can't stand it." Dan's response was, "what are you saying?" My response, "I'm saying that I'm closer to wanting a baby than I was a few months ago but still not ready yet." Dan's response, "oh, I thought you meant like right now." Of course a guy would think that & Dan would definitely - he's had baby fever for years, I've just been holding him off.

Friday nights have become movie nights at our house; we go out to dinner & then head over to Blockbuster. Here are the movies we watched last night:
Green Zone: I loved this movie. Of course it helped that Matt Damon was in it because he is just fine. I've always loved him - very nice to look at. In fact, a lot of people have said that Dan resembles him. I've also felt the same way but I think when Dan has more weight on him the resemblance is easier to see. Anyway, I highly recommend this movie, its action packed & has a huge twist towards the end. I'm kind of bummed that we didn't get to see it in the theater because I think it would have been a lot better on the big screen but it was still a great movie. You can't go wrong with Matt Damon, he's a great actor.

The Bounty Hunter: After getting a serious movie like Green Zone, we decided to get a comedy & this movie with Jennifer Aniston & Gerard Butler fell short. The only plus for Dan was that he got to stare at Jennifer Aniston for a little over an hour but he was complaining about the actual acting mid-way through. It really wasn't that great. We watched it from start to finish only because I told Dan I wanted to see what happened at the end - he was ready to turn it off after 30 minutes. After the movie was over he looked at me & said, "great pick, babe." It's funny how he blames me for a bad movie when we both agreed to rent it; I definitely didn't have to talk him into it. Besides, he has chosen some bad movies, i.e. The Hangover which I thought was absolutely terrible & didn't laugh once.

We hope everyone enjoys their weekend & stays cool!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet of you to help me while E was out of town! I looked forward to you coming over each day as much as Miss A did! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails