Thursday, July 22, 2010

Good Food & Good Company

This past weekend Dan & I went out to dinner with my co-worker, Sandra & her fiance, Santiago. We have been wanting to get the guys together for some time since the two of us get along so well & last weekend we were finally able to. :o)

Before dinner Dan & I went to the pool for a little while & after a few minutes of laying out Dan came up with a game for us to play. I usually listen to my iPod while I lay out & lately Dan has been taking his Blackberry & listening to Pandora (amazing radio website). His game was that we pick a song on our playlists & let the other person listen to it & they have to try & guess who the artist is after so many seconds - I agreed to play. Dan's first song for me was some country song that I knew immediately & the score was 1-0. I gave him what I thought would be an easy song by Jack Ingram & he didn't get it. He then started trying to search for harder songs, such as a Katy Perry song that was never released on the radio, but I still guessed it. After the score became 4-1, he then proceeded to try & cheat by using his phone to look up the song; I realized after a few seconds that he was cheating & put a stop to that. He eventually gave up which meant that I won & before we started the game we made a bet that if I won I would get to go buy a pair of shoes for dinner that night; Dan's bets are always something perverted so I'm not going to say what it was that he wanted. So we packed up our stuff & drove over to T.J. Maxx. I found a cute pair of wedges that were on sale: Since Dan was doing so well with being patient I thought I should stretch the envelope & take a quick look at some clothes. He waited for me while I went in the dressing room & as soon as I closed the door behind me I saw this sign: I had to take a photo to show Dan, & of course all of you, because this is the little push that I sometimes need when I'm on the fence about something - these words can get me in trouble. Although I tried on a couple dresses & Dan wanted me to buy one in particular, I left T.J.'s with only my shoes. Dan decided not to get anything.

When we got home I started getting ready for dinner & we took a few photos before we left to meet Sandra & Santiago in Tysons. Dan told me to test out the timer on him & this is what he gave me: As I proceeded to set the camera up on the mantle I accidentally hit the button & took this picture of Dan: (Hysterical)
Our serious one: And Dan posing, again: (LOL)

For dinner the 4 of us decided to eat at Maggiano's in Tysons Galleria mall. Dan & I had never been there before but Sandra & Santiago had. They had amazing food & they give you a lot of it. We went with the Classic Family Style Dinner & here's what we had:
Appetizers: Mozzarella Marinara & Spinach & Artichoke al Forno
Salads: Caesar & Chopped
Main Course - Pastas: Fettuccine Alfredo & Chicken Pesto Linguine
Main Course - Entrees: Chicken Parmesan & Chicken Marsala
Desserts: Apple Crostada & Creme Brulee
HOLY HELL! I have never been so stuffed in my entire life; the food just kept coming & even after the appetizers I thought, "there is no way I can eat another bite." Somehow I kept going. Our reservation was at 6:30 p.m. & we didn't stop eating until 9:30 p.m.(!) The main thing that shocked me was that all of the food that we ate was bottomless, meaning that if we ran out of anything, they would come by & fill it back up for us. Wow. All of our food included wonderful alcoholic drinks, of course. The 4 of us had a great time & were deep in conversation the entire dinner. I'm so glad we were able to get together; hopefully next time we go out we won't eat so much food.

1 comment:

  1. We really like Maggiano's but you are correct-the portions are HUGE! We used to split an entree. We always get the tiramisu and a cappuccino at the end of dinner too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails