Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Movie Reviews

Last week was a big movie week for Dan & I. We watched several & here are our reviews:

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
- On Thursday, after work, I went & saw Eclipse with my friend/neighbor, Laura. We both really liked it & were so excited to see it. The fight scene alone is reason enough to see the movie; they did a great job with that part of the movie. During the entire fight scene, Laura kept whispering "this is awesome" & it made me laugh because that's exactly what my brother says when he's really in to a movie. The only thing that I was a little disappointed with was how the movie started. It basically picked up in the middle of a conversation between Bella & Edward. If someone had not read the books or didn't see the other movies, they would have been lost. On a high note, Edward (aka, Robert Pattinson) looks amazing in the movie & I gotta give it up to Jacob (aka, Taylor Lautner) he looks great too but I'm still Team Edward all the way. I totally recommend seeing it & I can't wait for it to come out on DVD so I can add it to my collection.

Shutter Island - On Friday night Dan & I stopped at Blockbuster after dinner & picked up Shutter Island. We both have been wanting to see it since it was released in theaters but we just never made the time to go see it. The movie was definitely intense & not spooky like I thought it was going to be. There were some pop outs in the movie that made me jump but it was entertaining the entire time. I definitely didn't see the movie ending like it did, total shock to me. Dan & I had different takes on the end of the movie; he believed that one thing happened & I believed that the opposite happened. I don't want to go into detail in case some of you haven't seen it. All I can say is I would recommend this movie & I know Dan would too.

The Crazies - This movie was scary. Plain & simple. We had not planned to rent this one when we got to Blockbuster on Friday but Dan saw it & said, "Ooo The Crazies, we should rent this one". My response was, "absolutely not; my brother told me not to see that movie because it would freak me out". Dan eventually talked me into it. We put this movie in second, after Shutter Island, & there are some creepy scenes in this movie. I had nightmares that night that one of the crazies got into Dan & I's bedroom & was staring at us while we sleeped. Yikes. At our office meeting on Tuesday morning, my co-worker Lisa, said that she watched The Crazies the same night that Dan & I did & she said she loved it & that it was very entertaining. I thought it was way too scary.

She's Out Of My League - This was one of my picks at Blockbuster; Dan didn't watch this movie with me & I'm sure he probably wouldn't like it. It was basically a love story & even though there were some pretty funny parts I think Dan would've said it was gay. I thought it was alright & at least a little entertaining. I would recommend this movie if you had nothing else to do on a weekend & had some time to kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails