Saturday, February 11, 2012

2011 End of Year Dinner

On December 29th, my office celebrated our end of the year with a trip to National Harbor to see the Merry Madagascar ice show. I had never heard of this before, but apparently it is a big hit with the kiddos, teenagers & adults. I did see the movie Madagascar & thought it was really cute, so I figured I would enjoy myself.

We closed our office at 2:00 p.m. that day & went downstairs to meet our limo which was taking all 12 of us to National Harbor. We did our usual popping of champagne & toasting to a good year once we were all settled inside. We arrived at the tent that was putting on the ice show & after some long lines we put our bright blue parkas on that they provide to everyone because the temperature inside the tent is zero degrees. Sandra Lue wasn't too excited to put on the "germ infested parkas," but quickly warmed up to them once she realized how cold it was inside the ice tent.

Now for some pretty cool pics:







During our walk through all of the beautiful ice sculptures, we reached an ice slide so of course we had to try it: Sandra Lue & I taking our turn.
"That was fun!"

The ice show was such an amazing experience & I’m so glad that David & Nancy came up with the idea of taking us all there; I would’ve never thought of something like that!

We then made our way over to the Gaylord National Hotel for dinner. Since we were a little early, we walked around the shops that they have inside & of course stopped for a pre-dinner drink at a sports bar. We then made our way up to The Old Hickory Steakhouse which was absolutely gorgeous. The food & my margaritas were amazing!

We all had such a wonderful time & I'm glad that we have the opportunity to do fun things like this each year. =]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails