Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Funny Valentine

This year for Valentine's Day Dan & I decided to keep it low key & just go out to dinner - it did fall on a Tuesday after all. We both sent a little delivery to our places of employment; Dan sent me a dozen red roses & I sent him a box of chocolate covered apple slices & strawberries from Edible Arrangements - they were a big hit, not only for Dan but for the guys that he shared them with.
Dan made an early reservation for us at Paolo's at the Reston Town Center which is an italian restaurant (my favorite food). They had a nice V-Day menu & also had an acapella group that made their way around the restaurant serenading different tables. During our dinner we exchanged gifts. This year I went with more of a work out theme with Dan's gifts such as a new DriFit Nike shirt, an insulated Polar water bottle & a "cord buddy" that holds your headphone wire in place while you're running/walking, etc.: I bought Dan this black one at Dick's, but they have a ton of options when I decided to Google it: I absolutely love the giraffe...I think I'm going to order one for myself (& it comes in pink!).
It was then my turn to open my gift; I pretty much knew what it was when Dan carried in a large Victoria's Secret bag & box: It seems to me that this is more of a joint gift rather than a gift just for me, but I must say that they are extremely comfortable. The Hubster has good taste.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Valentine's Day & got to spend some quality time with their significant other. =]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails