Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lexi Turns 3!

I'm using this post to say Happy Birthday to our little Wink. She turns 3 today! I usually have a toy to give her first thing in the morning but I am a little behind this year. I was planning on baking her birthday cake tonight also but I don't have all of the ingredients because I wasn't able to go to the store. So I told Dan that I was going to take her to Petsmart on Saturday to pick out a toy & then we would bake her cake on Saturday so she could have some after dinner. Last year was my first year baking her a cake & she loved it. I found a receipe online which I plan on using each year. If anyone else bakes cakes for their dogs, here is a good receipe:

Peanut Butter Carrot Cake
1 cup flour
1tsp baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
Mix flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into greased 8" round cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool. Puree cottage cheese in blender for icing. Decorate with more peanut butter and carrots.

Lexi's 1st birthday was spent at my parents house. Here are a few photos of her with her toy birthday cake & her "I'm the Birthday Girl" shirt.


Her 2nd birthday was during the week & I didn't get her a birthday shirt because she really hates wearing clothes. I did buy her another toy birthday cake but it was so much smaller because I got the "toy" size instead of the standard size; she still loved it.

I'll post some photos next week of her cake & her new toy.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails