Thursday, November 12, 2009

Lunch With The Nikster

On Sunday afternoon I met Nikki, my friend from college, in Arlington for lunch. We had been trying to get together for months but our schedules were never open at the same time. I enjoyed having some girl time since I usually don't get a lot of it now a days. We got caught up on each others lives and people we knew from college & how they are doing. We met at PF Changs which I had been craving for such a long time but Dan refused to go eat there; he's not a huge Chinese food fan. We got to spend about 3 hours together before she had to go into work. Now everyone who knows me knows that I am terrible with directions and I get lost wherever I go. I made it to Arlington fine, followed the directions correctly. On my way home, that was a different story. I got completely turned around & ended up circling PF Changs about 5 times before I realized where my exit was. Geez! I think its time to bite the bullet & get myself a GPS for my car. I think it would work wonders for me.
Sunday night was pretty miserable for Lexi & I. The food that I got at PF Changs did not sit well in my stomach & I was up all night with stomach pains; Lexi has been fighting off some stomach thing too so I'm still giving her chicken & rice to try & help. Her stomach was making noises all night as well as mine; we were just miserable. I didn't feel so well in the morning after being up all night & my stomach pain hadn't subsided so I called in sick on Monday. Lexi & I spent the entire day in bed, listening to The Highway on XM radio & reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer.
Thanks for a great lunch Nik, can't wait to see you again. Love ya!
I'm getting better at the self portraits, don't you think? Our heads are fully intact. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails