Sunday, November 22, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

Daughtry: On Thursday night Dan & I went to see Daughtry with our friend Ashley. We met up with Katie, Lindsay, Aubrey & her husband Justin too. When we got to the Patriot Center we obviously did not sit in our assigned seats because they weren't very good, so we snuck down towards the front & ended up getting some great seats & since no one claimed them we were able to stay & watch the concert from there. The opening act was Theory of a Deadman which has a song out on the radio right now, Not Meant To Be; that was the only song I knew that they sang. They were entertaining though. Once Daughtry came out everyone went nuts. They had some great visual effects throughout the show like the lights & they had flames shooting out - it got so hot where we were sitting because it we were right by the stage. Dan was a good sport throughout; he kept yelling "Freebird" in between sets & it would make everyone laugh that was sitting next to us. When the concert was over we started to walk outside & realized that it was absolutely pouring down rain; I mean buckets. Our only choice was to walk/run back to the car because we had parked so we could walk to the Patriot Center. After rolling up my pants & pulling my hair back Dan & I ran all the way back to the car & by the time we got there we were completely soaked. I was laughing the entire time because that is just our luck. Dan kept saying "you're running so slow, come on, pick it up!" My response was "what the hell? I'm running in heels & I've got a big ass purse on my shoulder, give me a break!" We got home around 12:00 p.m. & Lexi was happy to see us. She was probably wondering what was going on since we never go out on a week night. Below is a slide show of the photos I took. Can you tell we had fun? :o)

Lexi's Birthday: As you know, Lexi's 3rd birthday was on the 17th & we weren't able to do a whole lot so on Saturday morning I took her with me to run some errands. I had to go to my office to get Dan & I's movie tickets for Saturday night because I left them there. No one was there so when we walked into the office I took her off her leash & she ran around sniffing everything. I got the tickets & some bottled water & then told Lex that we were ready to go but I couldn't find her anywhere. I went into each office & looked under the desks, etc. The last office I checked was my boss' & I found her sitting in his leather chair looking at me from behind his desk. I was laughing so hard. I wish now that I had taken a picture because it was hilarious. Not sure why she had jumped up there. After our trip to the office I took her to Petsmart to get her a toy for her birthday & some biscuits. It was Adopt A Cat Day at Petsmart in Sterling so the place was packed & there were so many huge dogs that Lexi kept her tail tucked the entire time & kept jumping up at me wanting me to pick her up. The trip to Petsmart wasn't as fun as I thought it was going to be but we did get her a new toy. Below is a photo of Lexi with her giraffe that Dan & I got her & her hot dog that my Mom got her for her birthday.
After Lexi & I ran our errands, we went back home & I baked her birthday cake. Below are some photos we took of her.

New Moon: On Saturday night Dan & I went out to dinner at Don Pablo's; they have a great chicken salad. After dinner we went over to see New Moon which I have been waiting to come out in theaters for at least 8 months. I was so excited. The movie was very good, I really liked it. I ended up crying through most of it because I kept remembering all of the book details that were obviously not in the movie. I thought it was pretty sad but that is not going to keep me from buying it on DVD. I can't wait until Eclipse is released, which is the 3rd movie, I heard it was going to be in theaters by June or July next year. If anyone hasn't seen New Moon yet, I recommend seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails