Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What A Stinker

This morning I was fixing Lexi some breakfast, chicken & rice because she has had an upset stomach lately, & I forgot to put the baby lock on the cupboard to the trash can before I went upstairs to take a shower. When I went to get ready for work, Lexi was happily scarfing down her plate. When I got out of the shower I heard her paws on the hardwood floor coming into the bedroom & she stopped in front of the doorway to the bathroom & I noticed she had a baggie in her mouth that she had obviously taken from the trash. She sat down & looked up at me after spitting the baggie out on the floor & I noticed that there was a small piece of chicken (smaller than the size of a dime) left in the baggie. I started laughing immediately & she began to wag her tail. So instead of punishing her for getting into the trash I reached in the baggie & fed her the piece of chicken. She walked away wagging her tail & I went downstairs to clean up the mess that I was sure she made but to my surprise that was the only thing she took out of the trash. She spent the rest of the morning lying on her pillow after I covered her with her blanky. What a little stink!
(I thought this picture was appropriate for this post). =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails