Thursday, November 5, 2009

Motivation Baby

I am on my second week of the P90X DVDs & I have to say I am feeling 10 times better than I did the first week. I was so sore when I started that it hurt to walk, bend, laugh, basically any kind of movement caused me pain. My moans & complaints to Dan didn't really receive any kind of sympathy because his response was "if you worked out consistently, you wouldn't have to worry about soreness". Even though I hate to say it, he is right. Shhhh, don't tell him I said that. My work out routines seem to vary. I can hit the gym hard for 5 to 6 months & then get so worn out that I take 4 to 5 months off & do absolutely nothing & then when I start back up again I'm starting from scratch & the soreness comes back. I think my problem is that I want to see results fast so in order to get those results, I bust my ass & then I get burned out.
The first time I did the P90X DVDs I did it for 60 days straight; once I hit that 60 day mark I felt so good that I thought, well I can take a few weeks off & it'll be fine. Well, one week turned into two & two turned into three & so on. I have promised myself this time around that I am going to complete the entire 90 days, even if it kills me. This is definitely one of the hardest work outs I have ever done but it worked the first time which is why I am going back to it. Dan, the work out machine, has already completed his second cycle of P90X & knowing him I am sure he will keep going. But I can't dwell on that because every time he loses 10 lbs., I lose 2 lbs. which is VERY frustrating.
So, as I look forward to my Yoga X workout tonight, I can already hear Tony Horton saying, "I know it burns, its suppose to!" Yes it does Tony, YES IT DOES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails