Monday, November 30, 2009

Its Good To Be Home

Dan, Lexi & I had a great Thanksgiving with his family but it's always nice to come back home after being gone for a few days. I know Lexi was very pleased to be at home & back in her routine. I can't wait until we start our own traditions & get to be at our house for some of the holidays.
So like I said in the Thanksgiving Plans post below, Dan went up to his parents house on Wednesday night so he could go hunting with his Dad in the morning on Thanksgiving & the good news about that hunting trip was that they didn't get anything. I was praying on my drive up to WV that they wouldn't. Lexi & I left our house around 11:00 a.m. & drove to Tom & Kristen's house in Inwood, WV. We stayed with them until Saturday afternoon. It was so nice seeing them & getting to spend time with JT; unfortunately he was getting over the flu so he was a little miserable but still adorable. Kristen's dogs played well with Lexi too. When we went over to our in-laws for Thanksgiving dinner Kristen & I left all 3 dogs to roam the house & I was pretty nervous about that because I was afraid of what Lexi would get into. When she's at our house she's fine during the day but at someone else's house...I get a little nervous. Thanksgiving dinner was great. My in-laws always do a good job. The turkey was so good & my favorite part is my mother-in-law's homemade bread. I limited myself to one piece this year & that was difficult because I think I have eaten 5 pieces in one sitting before. Yikes! We ended up getting home around 7:00 p.m. so we were gone for about 5 hours. Thankfully when we walked into Kristen's house there was no mess, none of the dogs were bleeding & everything was in the same spot it was when we left. I'm sure all they did was sleep the entire time we were gone but I still worry about it.
On Friday we didn't do a whole lot just hung around the house & played with JT. We had Kelly over for dinner & invited Aurie, Arden & Skylar over so we could draw names for Secret Santa; that was fun because they brought their puppy Chi Chi who is so cute. Here is a photo that was taken when we first met her. (Her little tail is constantly wagging.)
Friday night we were all party poopers because we fell asleep around 8:00 p.m. Even Dan was tired which is very unusual.
Saturday morning I got up around 8:30 a.m. & went with Kelly, Arden & Skylar to do some Christmas shopping; Kelly also wanted me to go to help her pick out a purse. I didn't buy anything because Dan & I paid off our hardwood floors last week so we promised not to spend any money that was not necessary until our pay checks cleared next week. Thank the Lord that we paid off those floors & they are officially ours now. That was definitely the best money we have ever spent, in my opinion, I love absolutely love them. I'm trying to sweet talk Dan into new countertops for our kitchen but its not going over so well so we will see what happens. Anyway, after our little shopping trip, I went back to Tom & Kristen's, picked up Lexi & headed home.
Saturday night Dan & I went out to eat at Red Robin for dinner; we hadn't been there in quite a while & then we went to Target & picked out a Christmas tree (a fake one obviously) & bought some lights to decorate our front yard. Dan is not excited to put lights up because he says it draws attention to our house & then there is a better chance at someone stealing our decorations. One of the things that he said while we were at Target was "why do you want to decorate the outside? We're decorating the inside & that's where the love is". I just looked at him & smiled.

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving like we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails