Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Man Hands

Back in January of 2010, I wrote a post titled Easy Lennie, which talks about my "man hands" (as Dan likes to call them) & the several knobs/handles that I have broken in our house. Here is the list from that post: (1) the handle on our downstairs bathroom drawer the day we moved in; (2) the flush knob on all 3 of our bathroom toilets; (3) our dryer start knob; (4) while waiting for the replacement start knob to arrive, I broke the attachment that holds the start knob on & had to replace the entire thing; (5) the lock on our downstairs sliding glass door; (6) one of our kitchen cabinet knobs while putting dishes away; and (7) the towel bar in my bathroom while hanging up my towel. Well...I have another thing to add to this list...(8) a treadmill at Gold's Gym. During my incline sprints tonight, I was at an incline of 7.0 & after I was finished I pushed the down button & the entire thing caved in, slightly. After giving it a few seconds rest, because I thought that would do the trick & I didn't want to accept that I had broken it, I tried to push it again & nothing happened. After several more attempts & nothing happening, I had to go to the front desk & tell them what I did; they had to write an out of order sign to tape on it. The guys that I told were very cool about it & said not to worry, but I still felt terrible. As you have read, this is not the first time that something has broken during my use. I really need to learn to be more gentle.

My other story that I have is when I was helping Dan with his hang nails (or "catches" as he likes to call them) before he left for Myrtle Beach. I was using my cuticle cutter & I was apparently muscling it too much for his taste & he pulled his hand back & yelled, "Alright, rough hands Dani!" I instantly called him a wuss & grabbed his hand to continue, but I'm coming to realize that I am a little too rough. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to fix this issue because I really feel like I'm being gentle. I'm going to have to work on this & get back to you...

1 comment:

  1. Geez! What are you going to be like when you are changing diapers one day or brushing your little girl's hair?? Haha! Just teasin'...I am sure gentleness will come naturally when you are a mama to babies one day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails