Thursday, January 7, 2010

Easy Lennie

So last night when Dan & I were relaxing & watching TV I told him that I thought my shower nozzel was broken & that I needed a new one because the water that is coming out of it is not the normal amount. In other words, I have to run around in the shower in order to get wet & yes the nozzel is clean & not clogged, I checked it to make sure. Dan instantly said, "you gotta be kidding me?! you are not getting a new shower nozzel!" The first thing that came to my mind was, wow your reaction is not normal because he was truly annoyed. He then went on to say that I have broken every knob, handle, etc. in our entire house. I started laughing & denying that because there is no way that is possible...BUT when I crawled into bed last night it hit me...I HAVE broken every knob, handle, etc. in our house! I couldn't believe it. I started going through my list: (1) the handle on our downstairs bathroom drawer the day we moved in; (2) the flush knob on all 3 of our bathroom toilets; (3) our dryer start knob; (4) while waiting for the replacement start knob to arrive, I broke the attachment that holds the start knob on & had to replace the entire thing; (5) the lock on our downstairs sliding glass door (Dan doesn't know about this one but the cat is out of the bag now - maybe this will give him an idea of why the lock sticks & it never did before because I fixed it myself); (6) one of our kitchen cabinet knobs while putting dishes away; (7) the towel bar in my bathroom while hanging up my towel. I think that's it, actually I hope that's it. Now in my defense I think all of these knobs, handles, bars, etc. were just poorly made & they were bound to break sooner or later but they just happened to do it near me. I'm sure Dan will enjoy this post because I am constantly denying that I broke all of the above & I am finally owning up to it. What can I say, I'm my father's daughter & I inherited his strength & his klutziness. I Love you Dad! :o)

1 comment:

  1. This post is so funny! I've read it to Evan too...you are probably right...those things would have broken anyway! Evan has had to replace the "guts" in every toilet in our house even in the new toilets! We have 4!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails