Saturday, August 29, 2009

Be Seen Being Green

Last weekend I made our weekly trip to Wegmans (our grocery store) & instead of getting the plastic bags at the check out line, I opted for the recycled cloth bags which only cost 99 cents & here's the best part, they are R-E-U-S-A-B-L-E. Instantly I felt better as I was pushing my cart out to the parking lot, just one more person helping to save the planet even if it is in a small way. About 6 months ago I took the plunge & started recycling; I know, I know but better late than never, right? When I lived in PA my parents always recycled when I was growing up & I always thought it was such a pain; you have to have separate bins & wash everything out, etc. Its easier to just throw everything in one big bag & set it out at the curb. Pretty lazy, huh? Well now I'm making up for lost time. We have so much recycling every week that sometimes I can't even fit it all in our recycling bin. Dan hasn't got on board with my whole recycling mentality yet but he'll come around; I still have to fish out his soda cans & plastic water bottles from the trash. Lately I've been doing some online research about recycling & going green. Here are some tips that might help you if you're new to recycling like I was & here are some ways to help you go green & save green.
So the next time you're at the store maybe take a peek at the recycled bags you can buy instead of those plastic bags that are bad for the planet. As you can see I chose the bags that looked girlie, aren't they cute? I'm not sure if Dan was too fond of the ones I chose but he did say "good for you" when I showed him our new purchase. Happy recycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails