Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Birthday Weekend :o)

As you know, Saturday was my 27th birthday. My Mom & I had so much fun while she was visiting. I was sad to see her leave this morning to go back home. On Saturday morning we got up early & went over to the Evian Day Spay in Sterling; we had mani's & pedi's done. It was so nice there I loved it. I've been wanting to go there for quite a while now so it was nice to share that first experience with my Mom. While we were getting our pedicures, they gave us complimentary drinks & watermelon which was great. Below is a photo of our pretty toes after we got home.



Lexi was attached to my hip the entire weekend. She wanted to be in every room my Mom & I were in. Here is a photo of her lying on her bed while we ate our lunch; we wrapped her up in her pig blanket.



For my birthday dinner we went to Macaroni Grill which is one of my favorite places to go to for Italian. Here are a few photos of us leaving for the restaurant.

Dan & I:


Mom & I with our shades on:


Here are a few photos of the three of us sitting around the table, can you tell I was camera happy?







My Mom made me a carrot cake for my birthday which was a double layered cake. Dan LOVED it. He ate more than I did. I love her little carrot on the top; she's been doing that since I was little. =]



On Sunday my Mom & I stayed home all day & just relaxed. We ended up doing a lot of baking. My sister-in-law Kelly bought Dan & I a bread maker almost a year ago which we had never opened. Once my Mom found out about that, she was in the mood to bake so we took it out & tried to decide what we were in the mood for. We decided on homemade rolls & they turned out great; then we baked homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast in the morning & those were even better. The entire weekend I felt like I was eating constantly so I'll need to step up the work out program. My Mom was baking & cooking almost the entire weekend. Here is a list of the things she made while she was visiting:

1. Chocolate chip cookies
2. Chicken and pasta dish
3. Pancakes & bacon
4. Homemade rolls
5. Homemade cinnamon rolls
6. Carrot cake

Below is a photo that I took of our homemade rolls; I was so excited when they came out of the oven, they were yummy!



On Monday my Mom & I made a trip into Tysons to do a little shopping. We didn't find a lot of things we had to have so we drove back to the house to spend the rest of the afternoon with Lexi. We watched The Money Pit, one of my favorite movies, and waited for Dan to get home from football. All in all my birthday was great. It was nice to have my Mom here to celebrate. Thanks to everyone for my birthday wishes. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Happy 27th, Danielle! That's so nice that your mom cooked and baked so much...I know you must have felt so spoiled! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails