Monday, August 31, 2009

Boss Free.......Finally

My boss has officially left town as of Saturday & will be gone until September 8th. As predicted, his productiveness did not kick in until about 5:00 p.m. on Friday so I was at the office until 7:00 p.m. trying to get our to do list done. We still didn't complete it but at least he put a dent in it. I am so excited that he won't be in the office for a week because now I can get caught up on some of my work instead of getting interrupted every 2 minutes with him buzzing me & asking me "did this go out?"; "did I do this?"; "can you get me this?" This week will be like a vacation for me also. Before I left on Friday night Brian told me to take Friday off so I could have a 4 day weekend; he doesn't have to tell me twice. Of course this all depends on there not being an emergency that needs to be taken care of; I guess we'll see what happens. Even though Brian will be out of the office he will still be calling in to check messages, etc. I'm sure I'll be hearing his favorite saying several times this week while he is gone which is, "so what did you do today? Sit at your desk with your feet up & eat bon bons?" Of course my response is, "yeah, like I have nothing else to do". Here's to a relaxing & productive work week (knock on wood)! I hope everyone else has a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails