Sunday, August 23, 2009

Rough Night

Yesterday Lexi wasn't feeling too great; she barely ate anything & slept almost the entire day on her pillow. Last night I woke up around 3:00 a.m. to the sound of Lexi's feet walking on the hardwood floors, pacing back & forth. Now, anyone who has been to our house knows that we have potty trained Lexi to go on puppy pads while Dan & I aren't home. The last time I took her to the vet they said that she has an overactive bladder, what? I had no idea pets could have that so her problem is she can't hold it for long periods of time. It amazes me how pets can have the same problems that we can; I remember one of my neighbors back in PA had a lab that was diagnosed with acne & I am still shocked about that one. Anyway, I woke up & walked over to the 2 puppy pads that I lay down in our bedroom just in case she has to go in the middle of the night & they were covered because she went potty so many times. She was pacing because she was trying to find an open spot on the pad to go potty again. Poor thing. :o( So I took her downstairs & in the back yard & then made her a piece of white toast (which helps her when she has an upset stomach); we went back upstairs & I put her in the tub to clean her up & tried to get her to eat some of the toast; she ate a couple pieces but wasn't too hungry. I put down some new puppy pads & we laid back in bed & her tummy was making all sorts of noises, I felt so bad; sometimes I wish she could just tell me what's wrong so I can fix it. I ended up rubbing her tummy for about 30 minutes until she fell asleep. This morning I got up & boiled her some chicken & rice which is what the vet says to feed her if she has signs of an upset stomach. Hopefully she'll feel better tomorrow & I won't have to take her to the vet this week. So we're back to giving her chicken & rice which will make Dan very happy; he hates buying chicken & giving it to "the dog". He says that we spend so much money on Lexi that we might as well have a baby. Not yet, Lover.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry that Lexi had a rough night...I hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails