Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day Trip to WV


In an attempt to get out of the house this weekend & change things up, Dan & I made last minute plans this morning to visit his brother Tom, Kristen & our nephew Jackson in West Virginia. Kristen told me the other day that JT was getting bored with all of his toys so I decided to go to Target & buy him a new one & take it up to him. After Dan's clinics were finished we left the house around 12:30 & took Lexi with us; she gets along so well with their dogs Layla & Molly. All I wanted was to hang out & have some fun - mission accomplished. Dan & I played with JT the entire afternoon. I don't think I have crawled on the floor so much in my entire life. I forgot how much it hurts your knees but it was fun crawling around & chasing JT. Just hearing his little laugh puts a smile on my face. What a sweetie. He loved his new toy too. Now that he is so active he likes toys that can be pushed around & that have wheels. We got him a crazy leg lady bug which has a bunch of shapes on its back & sings songs to you when you put the shapes in the right spot. It also lights up when you get an answer right. JT was getting the hang of it too; I would say "square" & show him where it goes & how to push it in & he would pull it out & try to do the same thing. He wouldn't get it exactly in the right spot but he would get pretty close & then we'd clap & say "yay!" :o) Lexi wasn't too thrilled to be having a baby crawling after her & trying to pet her; she was freaked out to say the least. I think it was because we were at someone elses house & she wasn't at our house because her & JT played great the last time they came down to visit. Below are photos that we took of our fun afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Audrey has that same toy! She got it for her birthday from one of Evan's aunts. Unfortunately, the batteries have died and we haven't replaced them yet. Ah the life of a parent! haha! Glad you got to go to WV today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails