Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Decorating Weekend

Dan & I will be pulling out our Christmas decorations this weekend to make the inside & the outside of our house a little more festive. I am pretty excited about it because we are putting up lights in the front yard & I have been wanting to do that since we first moved in. I have a ton of Christmas decorations for the inside & we recently got decorations for the outside. I like the simple white light look so don't expect every inch of our townhouse to be lit up in ugly Christmas colors. Dan & I argue about that probably every year because he was raised in a house where they only used colored Christmas lights. I can't stand those; white lights say Christmas to me. One of my biggest pet peeves is driving past a house that has used all colored lights & only some parts of the house are flickering on & off because they used a combination of regular & twinkle lights. Just thinking about it makes me irritated!
Anyway, speaking of decorating, I was searching online this week for some ideas & came across this photo: I think the stairs is a great place to hang your stockings if you don't have a fireplace. Of course our house never looks that neat & put together but its nice to dream. If you are looking for more Christmas decorating ideas, you can hop over to these websites:

~ Martha Stewart
~ Rachael Ray
~ Better Homes & Gardens
~ HGTV

Have fun sprucing up your home for the holidays, I know Dan & I will. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails