Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Little Things

Earlier this week my co-worker Valerie brought in a sandwich container with her lunch. I saw it in the kitchen on the counter & asked her where she got it. Dan kept complaining about using plastic bags to put his sandwich in because it gets smashed by the time he gets to eat it & he says it also has a slight taste of plastic from the bag. So lately he's been using aluminum foil to take his sandwiches to school & I've had to buy foil like crazy. Val said she bought it as a joke but decided to use it so she told me to just take it & give it to Dan because he would probably get more use out of it. Thanks Val! I gave it to Dan on Monday night & he was so excited. He's been using it all week & I asked him last night how he likes the container & he said, "its money"; "the best gift of the year". I told Val this morning how excited he is about his sandwich container & she said "wow, it doesn't take a lot to please Dan". That is definitely the truth. I found a photo online of the container so you can see what it looks like. I have never seen such a thing before but it's a great invention.

Now you should all know that in the past & even to this day when Dan takes tupperware to work with leftovers, he ALWAYS forgets to bring them home so I can wash them. We never have tupperware at the house & I always have to end up buying more because by the time he brings them home they are stained, molded & nasty because he does not rinse them out after he's done with them. Gross. Anyway, my point is that now that he got this sandwich container, he brings it home every day & washes it & sets it out on the counter so he can use it for the next day. That just shows how much he likes this thing. Oh the simple things in life that make us happy. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails