Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkin Picking

Since we have been living in Virginia, Dan & I go to the same garden center to pick our pumpkins which is off of Route 7 & in Leesburg & Lexi comes with us because she is part of the family. Dan usually picks his first; I pick mine & then we get a small one for Lex. It was such great weather today that we decided to take a walk around the garden center & look at the plants, flowers, etc. Dan's first thought was, "why, so we can get another plant that you're going to kill?" I obviously did not think that was funny but it really is true. I have become very partial to fake plants these days because every time I bring a live plant home I end up killing it. The only plant I haven't killed is the "elephant ear" plant (not sure what the actual name is but the leaves look like elephant ears so that's what I call it) that my Mom bought Dan & I when we were living in our apartment in Lansdowne. This plant is unkillable; I have gone over a month without watering it before & it is still growing. So much for inheriting my Mother's green thumb.
Anyway, back to Dan & I's pumpkin picking. I took some photos of our little trip, of course. Now while you are looking through these I would like you to look at Dan's face in all of them because I want to point something out at the end of this post...
Dan searching for his pumpkin which has to have a "great stem":

Mommy with her little punkin:

Lexi:

Daddy & Lex:


Dan & I: (I need to get better at taking self portraits because I am always cutting off Dan's head)

Here's another try:

Miss Priss:

So at the beginning of this post I told you to take a look at Dan's face in each of the photos that I took. Could you sense one emotion in every photo? Well, I could & it is annoyed. It seems that some of the coaches that Dan coaches with at Herndon High School have been checking this blog & using my posts as ammo to make fun of him. Since that started he does not like having his photo taken because he knows that those photos are going to be posted on here & then he will have to hear about it at work. I would just like to say thank you to that group of guys & you know who you are so I do not need to call you out by name. I think the next time we are all together we should have a little talk. Since I started this blog back in July I have gotten nothing put positive comments from friends & family; it seems that Dan is only getting negative responses which was totally not the point. I may need to rethink this whole blog thing if its making the Hubby miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails