Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Time To Vent

As you can tell from the title of this post & the photo I need to get a few things off my chest. First of all, those of you who know my boss, know that he is a HUGE procrastinator & always waits until the last minute to do everything. He always says "what's the fun in doing things before they're due? If you wait until the last minute that's when the stress & adrenalin kick in, that's the good part". Well, I'm not like that. I hate waiting until the last minute to do everything; I like being prepared. Last month Brian, my boss, got into this funk where he just did not want to do anything; he refused to do work on cases unless there was a deadline that he needed to respond by. That funk has carried over to this month & has gotten progressively worse. Not sure what the problem is but it sure is making my life harder here at the office. I only have so many excuses as to why he hasn't sent a letter out, drafted a pleading, filed a motion, etc. We have so much work to do & it just keeps piling up & no progress is being made. To keep the merriment going, I found out this afternoon that Brian decided to go for a short vacation to Atlanta with his wife because he "needs a break". The first thing that came to my mind was, "a break from what exactly?" I haven't seen him push any substantial paperwork out the door in the last month. So, I had to reschedule all of his meetings on Thursday & Friday & change court appearances to the following Friday, etc. Just add it onto my list! Its not like its already 7 pages long!

On a brighter note, the good thing about this week is that I am going to be visiting my parents for the holiday weekend. Unfortunately Dan is not able to join Lexi & I for our visit because he has football but it will still be fun to see the family & not have to worry about work for a few days.

I am sure I will be blogging about my frustration at least one more time this week so I will just end it here & say...does anyone know of any firms that are hiring? Any information would be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails