Friday, October 16, 2009

Thankful

Last night when I got home from work I was in a pretty good mood because (a) the work day was over; (b) my shows were on; and (c) tomorrow was Friday. Dan & I arrived home around the same time because he was out shopping for birthday presents for his family. As we were talking about our days & getting dinner ready, I realized that I have a lot to be thankful for these days. So, I thought I'd use this post to list the things that I am thankful for...here it goes...

~ I am thankful for a husband that takes care of me when I am feeling under the weather. On Tuesday when I stayed home from work he brought me 7Up, Vitamin Water and applesauce on his lunch break. He also layed with me until he had to go back to work.

~ I am thankful for our adorable puppy Lexi who greets me every time I come through the door with a toy in her mouth because she's ready to play.

~ I am thankful for my loving family that I get to talk to every day.

~ I am thankful for the nights that Dan & I stand in the kitchen while we get dinner ready & talk about our day & go over all of the things that got on our nerves.

~ I am thankful for my husband surprising me by bringing home a box of my favorite candy, Junior Mints, on days when I am really craving it; i.e. last night.

~ I am thankful that I have a job during these tough times even though I'd rather be unemployed most days.

~ I am thankful for the cute way that my husband talks to Lexi. After he gave me my box of Junior Mints last night he turned to Lexi & said, "I have something for you too Winker...its a kiss!" & then he proceeded to chase her around the house until he caught her to give her a kiss. She was wagging her tail the entire time. :o)

~ I am thankful for our townhouse because without it we would still be living in that cramped apartment in Lansdowne.

~ I am thankful for my husband making me a grilled cheese sandwich last night when he knew that I didn't feel well enough to cook.

~ I am thankful for our nieces and nephew that we get to spoil & just be fun Uncle Dan & Aunt Danielle.

~ I am thankful for the way Lexi falls asleep next to me on the couch at night & then kicks me so I will move over & give her more room; she's very spoiled.

~ I am thankful for my hard working husband that is constantly on the move & has at least 5 different jobs & constantly tells me that he does it all for me.

~ I am thankful for getting to start my day off with a smile because when my alarm goes off at 6:05a.m. during the work week Lexi emerges from under the covers & there is so much static that it causes her fur to stick up everywhere on her face.

Happy Friday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Danielle you and Dan are a great Aunt and Uncle to Arden and Skylar. Arden has a wish on her Christmas list that I think is right up your alley its alittle pricey though. I will explain later. I like your list of things you are thankful for you are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.... I hope ur talking 'bout MEMEMEMEMEMEME right, ARDENNNNNN! LOVE YA!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails