Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Weekend In PA

Well, I would've posted this earlier but when I got home on Monday night after visiting the family, I got the flu. :o( I stayed home from work yesterday because I couldn't get out of bed. I caught whatever was going around in PA.

So anyway, Lexi & I left for my parents house on Saturday morning & arrived around lunch time. I decided to leave on Saturday instead of Friday because of all the traffic, plus I do not see well at night when I drive so that's a little scary when I'm on my own. It was great to see the family because I actually hadn't been home for a few months. I usually like to take a trip up there once a month but its difficult to plan in advance with our schedules. Dan, of course, was not able to join us because he had football and lessons all weekend. I don't think he was too disappointed though because he got to have the house to himself for an entire weekend. When we got to PA, we had our usual greeting, we all gathered in the kitchen catching up & playing with the dogs while I made some lunch. After we got caught up, my brother, my Dad & I played Monopoly. Now if you have ever been to our house you know that there isn't a day that goes by that we don't play a board game. Dan hates playing games so he gets annoyed when we get out Scrabble, Pictionary, Cranium, Trivial Pursuit, etc. He always tries to get out of it but we end up talking him into playing. Ben & I got our asses kicked by Dad & of course he was gloating because he was the weiner, uh, I mean the winner. :o) I did not play so well; at one point I sat in jail for three turns & then paid $50 to get out when I had a get out of jail free card sitting right next to me. Not sure what I was thinking. Dad & Ben thought it was hilarious though. After Monopoly, Ben & I got caught up on our music reviews. We usually have the same taste in music so we sit at the computer & listen to new songs that we think the other one might like; we also get all caught up on any gossip. Ben & I don't usually like talking on the phone so when we get together we're pretty chatty. He also burned me a CD of Michael Buble. Thanks bud!

Saturday night was a night in for us, we ate dinner & watched the Pens game. I fell asleep on the couch while Dad rubbed my feet at 8:30 p.m. I was so tired but I'm a real light weight when it comes to staying up late. I was always the first one to fall asleep at sleep overs & of course my bra was the first one to get frozen every time.

On Sunday we got up and cooked breakfast & then got ready & headed to Morgantown to see a movie. Ben & my Mom saw the chick flick Love Happens while Dad & I chose the sci-fi Surrogates. Our movie was interesting; definitely different and entertaining. I would recommend it if anyone is thinking about seeing it. My Mom & Ben loved Love Happens; they said it was the best movie that Jennifer Aniston has been in so they recommend that one if anyone wants to see it. Sunday night we got another rip roaring game of Monopoly started & this time Mom got in on the action. Dad beat all of us, again. Just a tip, don't play that game with him because he buys everything & then puts a ton of houses on his property & takes all of your money. Mom was getting irritated at him because he kept messing up her money piles (on purpose). :o)

On Monday, until Lexi & I left to come back to VA, we just hung around & visited. Didn't really do a whole lot. It was definitely a nice relaxing weekend; didn't have to worry about work, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc. Lexi & I got home around 6:30 p.m. or so & we got to see Dan after his pitching lessons were over at 8:30 p.m. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos this weekend so I apologize that this post is all narrative. This weekend we have Jackson's 1st birthday party so I'll be sure to take lots of photos then. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails