Saturday, December 12, 2009

Family + Work = Fun

Since I missed 2 and 1/2 days of work this week because I was sick, I was pretty behind on the every day stuff that I have to get done in the office, i.e. filing, paying bills, organizing, etc. On Friday I stayed at work until 7 trying to get things caught up but since my boss was still there working, he kept interrupting me & wanting help with the things he was working on. When I got home on Friday night I mentioned to Dan that I was going to get up early in the morning & go into the office to do some filing, etc. To my surprise he said he would come with me to help & that we should bring Lexi. I said OK thinking that by morning he would change his mind & want to stay home & relax. My alarm clock went off at 8:00 a.m. & when I went down to take Lexi potty, he was up & asked what time we were leaving to go to the office. He is such a good husband. :o) We left the house at 8:30 a.m. & stayed until 11:00 a.m. Lexi was so well behaved probably because we took 3 of her toys with us & she ran around the office the entire time playing; so very cute. I put Dan to work alphabetizing & copying invoices that we were mailing out. He did very well & was a huge help to me & now I am officially caught up on all of my filing, bill paying & organizing. :o) My boss ended up coming into the office around 10:00 a.m. & was pleased to see that we had brought Lexi with us. He did try to play with her & her toys but she was a little hesitant since this was really the first time that they met. When my boss saw that I brought Dan in to help he commented that what I was making him do was "spousal abuse"; I informed him that volunteering to help does not fall under the category of spousal abuse & he eventually agreed with me. On our way home I realized that 2 hours of work with my little family was definitely more fun than spending 2 hours of work by myself on a Saturday morning. Hopefully I'll be able to have more "bring your family to work days" in the future. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails