Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow Storm

This morning we woke up to several inches of snow & it is still falling. The news says we're suppose to receive 10 - 12 inches before the storm passes. I'm a little bummed that we can't go out & finish the rest of our Christmas shopping today, I was really looking forward to it. I guess we'll have to wait & see if we'll be able to get out tomorrow. Dan actually did go out this morning to make a trip to Wegman's & he said the roads are terrible; its a good thing he has his truck. On the way back home he stopped & helped a few police officers that were assisting others that got stuck in the snow. As they were pushing a girl up a small hill that was driving an Eclipse Dan said the police officer said, "idiots". I agree. You can't drive a sports car in weather like this, what are people thinking?
Dan & I tried to take Lexi potty this morning & she refused to go out into the several inches of snow so Dan had to clear her a little spot in the yard for her to go. Spoiled rotten! She's not the type of dog that likes to run around & play in the snow. Now you know why we call her Miss Priss. :o) Below is a photo of our back yard where the snow has completely covered the bottom of our fence. If Miss Priss went out there I think she would be completely covered. Today we plan on getting caught up on our cleaning and baking for our gift baskets. I might even wrap some Christmas presents because there is no way I'll have time next week after work. Dan & I are leaving on Christmas Eve to drive up to my parents house & I am so excited. Dan is out of school the week of the 28th so I coordinated my vacation so we would have the same week off. We plan on going skiing while up in PA & visiting our friends from college. Of course I am most excited to spend time with my family. Christmas time is always a fun time at my parents house. We do a lot of family activities together. We're that nerdy family that plays board games together, bakes cookies, watches movies together & listen to Christmas music. I absolutely love my family. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails