Monday, December 14, 2009

Secret Santa Gifts

This year Dan's history department decided to start a Secret Santa gift exchange for Christmas. They are doing it a bit differently though because they are having each person buy 1 gift a week for their person until Christmas. Obviously these gifts are not expensive because one person found 2 packets of instant cocoa in their mailbox the day of the Secret Santa exchange. Now that is a pretty cheap gift wouldn't you agree? This past week Dan found a book in his mailbox from his Secret Santa & he brought it home for me to see. I thought this was hilarious. I had never heard of this book but Dan & I read it on Friday night & we couldn't stop laughing. This is a great gag gift if anyone is looking for one. I even told Dan that we should buy one for my brother because he would think it was hilarious. The only other "poo" book that I know of is the childrens book "Everyone Poops". The first time I found out about that book was in high school when I was a student worker for a kindergarten class at our elementary school. The kids had asked me to read it for story time; great pick don't you think? None of them could stop giggling. So as I was looking online for a picture of the book "What's Your Poo Telling You?", I came across the authors new book which is "What's My Pee Telling Me?" I have not read this one but if its as funny as the other one, I'd like to.

This year my family decided to do Secret Santa instead of buying for everyone. I think this is a great idea. After all, Christmas is not about how many gifts you have under the tree. Dan's family decided to do the same thing this year also. All of us set a limit on what we could buy & I have to say that shopping this year is so much more fun than the previous years. I was always so stressed about what I would get everyone, how many gifts we should buy them & to make sure that no one was favored more than the others. That is a lot of stress. Setting a limit & only buying for a few people lets you use your imagination. I have liked every gift that we have picked out this year & am excited to give the gifts. I hope you all keep in mind what Christmas is really about & not get too wrapped up in the presents. :o)

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails