Sunday, December 6, 2009

HHS Silent Auction

On Friday night Dan & I went to the Herndon High School Silent Auction that was being held at the Holiday Inn in Chantilly. All of the money was going to the Herndon High School baseball team & the night was a hit. There were so many people that showed up & it was a lot of fun. Dan & I did bid on quite a few things but unfortunately we didn't leave with anything except a large poinsetta that was used for decorations which is behind Lexi in her Christmas photo above. Our friends Doug & Meta met us at the auction & it was so good to see them; we hadn't seen them in a few months. After the auction was over we went to the hotel bar called Bob O's & had some dinner & drinks. Below is a photo that I had Meta take of Dan & I: On Saturday we hung out at home & watched the first snow fall of the year. We got about 2 to 4 inches & I absolutely loved it. I was going to take some photos but I got side tracked while getting out our Christmas decorations & putting up our tree. This year I was so excited to decorate because last year we didn't put a tree up because we were going to be in PA for Christmas & thought it was a waste of time. We bought our first fake tree this year & even though I miss the smell of a real tree in the house, I really do like it. This is the first fake tree I have had. My Mom always had real trees when my brother & I were growing up. I can't wait to see what she decorates her tree like this year, it always looks so great. One of the traditions that I miss is helping my Mom decorate our tree. We still have one tradition that is going strong which is watching the movie While You Were Sleeping on Christmas Eve. That is one of our favorite Christmas movies. :o)
This morning while Dan was cooking a big breakfast, I made the attempt to take Lexi's Christmas photo. I can't even count how many photos I took of her before I got the perfect one. She really doesn't like getting her picture taken so I have to bribe her with either treats, people food or naming her toys in order to get that head to the side look. Dan even tried to help me with a handful of turkey & asking her to "sit". This obviously didn't work because she just stood up on her hind legs & begged for the turkey. I was laughing the entire time. She really didn't know what was going on. Eventually, I ended up with the adorable photo above. Here is one of the photos that did not turn out (can you tell she is smelling the turkey?): This afternoon our neighbor Laura is going to come by to take some Christmas photos of Dan, Lexi & I. We are so thankful that she is coming over to help us because she is busy with 2 babies of her own. I will be sure to post the photos for everyone to see. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. =]

2 comments:

  1. OH NO! :-( I sent my husband over to take pics instead of me! LOL! I figured it would be best to stay here with both kids in case Mr. F got hungry. :-)
    Evan said all the pictures he took looked great of all 3 of you...he said "Of course Lexi looked at the camera for each photo." You know why he said that? Because it's IMPOSSIBLE to get two small human children to look at the camera at the same time. Yes, it's easier to get a furbaby (dog) to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Thanks for letting us borrow your Hubby for the photos. Lexi did great with Evan which I was surprised because we couldn't get her attention last year. Tell Evan thanks again! I heard Steve took your Christmas photos, can't wait to see them. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails