Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sound Machine Happiness

I love waking up after a good nights sleep but towards the end of November I started having problems sleeping in complete silence. I would hear every little noise outside & I wouldn't be able to fall asleep. I use to have complete silence for me to fall asleep & now things have changed. I still cannot fall asleep with the TV on but Dan on the other hand has to have the TV on when he's falling asleep. So usually what happens is he watches TV down in his "man room" until he falls asleep & then he gets up & comes to bed. A few months ago when I went over to my neighbors Laura & Evan's she showed me the sound machine that her & Evan use; they also have sound machines in their daughter's room & their son's room. I thought this was a good idea since they take naps during the day & can drown out all of the noise that's going on during the day. I didn't think I would be able to sleep with one...until now. When I started having problems sleeping, I thought about buying one until Dan told me that the alarm clock that he used in college had a sound machine on it & I should try & use that one. Great idea Hubby! So I set it up in our bedroom & the alarm has 3 options for the sound machine: (1) birds; this sounds like thousands of birds chirping together at the same time & actually made me cringe when I heard it so that was out. (2) bubbling brook; this had the sound of trickling water & frogs. The frogs were enormously loud no matter what volume level I set it on so that was out too. (3) ocean; this was my pick. The sound of the waves & the seagulls was completely calming to me & now I have been using the sound machine ever since. The first couple of nights Lexi would bark & get off the bed to check & see what was going on but now she's gotten use to it. Dan has been having problems with the seagulls & can't sleep because he feels like they are "right in his ear". Hopefully he'll be able to get use to it because I don't think I can sleep without it now. I wonder what I'm going to do when we go to my parents house for Christmas? I may have to take it with me.

Sweet Dreams everyone. :o)

2 comments:

  1. A fan in the middle of winter?! No way. I already freeze at night because Dan's too cheap to turn up the heat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails