Monday, March 8, 2010

Good/Not So Good Weekend

This weekend was all over the place; there were some great parts, good parts & not so good parts. First off, I had signed up to go to another meetup on Friday night which was a happy hour at Vinifera in the Westin Hotel just down the street from my office. I had emailed the organizer earlier in the day to see if we were going to meet at a specific spot & she emailed me back to say the lobby of the hotel. So, at 5:50 p.m. I drove over there & we were to meet at 6:00 p.m. After about 10 minutes & no one had shown up, I tried calling Dan so he could check my email & see if there was a message that the event was cancelled but he was at practice & I couldn't check my email on my phone because I don't have internet or a blackberry. So after 30 minutes of waiting & realizing that no one was coming, I went & sat at the bar to have a drink because I was already out. After sitting down at the bar a guy asked me if I had been stood up & after answering yes, by a group of girls, he offered to buy me a drink. After my glass of wine I drove home & the night did perk up. Our neighbors, Laura & Evan, invited us to come over after their kiddos went to sleep & so we hung out with them all night, drinking beer/wine & socializing. We had such a great time & were so glad they invited us over; we left their place at 1:30 a.m. so you know we had a good time. :o)
On Saturday Dan had a baseball scrimmage at 3:00 p.m. so after some housework & a long walk with Lexi I went over there to watch & be supportive. I ended up staying for 2 hours & was completely frozen by the time I left. I was so cold that I couldn't feel my toes or my fingers. I did take a blanket with me & I was wearing a jacket, scarf & gloves but I was still freezing. I figured that staying for 2 hours fulfilled my wifely duties so I happily walked back to my car & cranked my heat up until I stopped shaking. Unfortunately the Herndon Hornets did not win the scrimmage. :o(
On Sunday Dan had lessons from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. so I had made plans with my friend Ashley. The plan was to drive up to her new place in Bethesda, MD, grab lunch & then do some shopping. Well, as I was pulling out of my neighbors parking spot, I rear ended a Lexus SUV. I did not see her at all. The driver was visiting her sister that lived across the street from us. The damage was to my right back bumper & her passenger side door. Here is a photo of my car: :o( Poor Daisy. She actually has scratches on her that I caused. Here is a photo of the Lexus: Obviously her damage was worse than mine. Thankfully my neighbor, Colleen, was home & heard the collision & came outside to make sure I was OK. At that point I was shaking & almost ready to start crying; I had never hit anyone before. If it wasn't for Colleen I would have probably lost it; she had also informed me that the woman I hit was parked illegally because she was in a fire lane. We decided to call the police to see if we needed to cover any more bases besides exchanging car insurance, phone numbers & addresses. When the police showed up he started yelling at the woman because she was parked illegally & telling her that her car can be towed if she parks there again. After 40 mins of taking care of everything, I was on my way to Bethesda to meet Ashley. I'm glad I was able to make it up there because I had not seen her new place & had never been to Bethesda before. We did a little shopping & I ended up spending less than $20 so Dan was pretty happy about that. When I got home Dan & I went to dinner at Los Toltecos which is a mexican restaurant that our neighbors, Laura & Evan, had recommended to us. It was great food but of course they serve you a standard meal which is not enough for Dan. The next time we go he'll have to order 2 meals or just eat more chips & salsa.
On Monday I took the day off & decided to visit Home Depot & Lowe's to get some ideas on new kitchen countertops & redoing our 2 bathrooms upstairs. I never realized it before but after pricing certain items that I'm going to need at both stores, Home Depot is surprisingly cheaper. We had ended up going with Lowe's for our hardwood floors but now I'm thinking if we had gone to Home Depot first we could've probably saved money. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. I'm not going to dwell on it now because they are already paid off. I figured out that redoing our master bathroom (which is the one that I use) will cost us a few hundred dollars & that includes a pedestal sink, paint, mirror & storage cabinet. I will be taking this project on myself & I have to say I'm pretty excited about it. I think once its done & I can actually say, "yes I did that all by myself" I will be very proud. Just the fact that Dan is already telling me that he doesn't think I can do it, makes me want to do it even more. I'll show you Lover! Now I may not be flying completely solo because my neighbor, Evan, offered to help me if I needed it which I may take him up on that offer but I'm hoping to be able to do it on my own. So we shall see; wish me luck!

Thanks to Laura, Evan & Ashley for a nice weekend; we're glad we were able to spend time with you guys & a special thanks to Colleen for keeping me sane during my terrible car incident. =]

1 comment:

  1. Have a good day! I totally think you can redo the bathroom. We will do it together! I love you little clicker.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails