Saturday, March 13, 2010

Movie Review

Last night was Dan & I's date night & we went out to dinner & then to see Remember Me. I had ordered our tickets online on Friday because I was afraid it would be sold out due to me hearing everyone saying that they were going to opening night. The only available times were 6:05 p.m. & 8:55 p.m.; since I don't get out of work most nights until 6:00, 8:55 it was. When Dan found out what time the movie started he had said, "man, that's late; I don't know if I will be able to stay awake". That didn't bother me because at least he was going & I wasn't sitting in the theater alone; he could snooze all he wanted. When we walked in after getting our popcorn & soda, the theater was pretty packed & of course there were a ton of girls for a "girls night out" kind of night. After we found our seats Dan said, "do you smell that?" Me: "No, what it is?" Dan: "Too much girliness in here." Me: "There are men in here too." Dan: "Where?" Me: "There's one 4 rows down & I think I see one in the front row." Dan: (giving me a look) like, oh wow, 3 guys in the entire theater. Of course the theater was 98% women but what did he care, he was going to sleep anyway.
As I told you before, this movie was not considered a love story or a chick flick. Of course the movie was about a relationship but it didn't focus mostly on that. For one thing Robert Pattinson gets the crap kicked out of him in this movie & it was a lot sadder than I thought it was going to be; my eyes got teary several times. The ending was a total shock to me & I didn't even see it coming. All in all I thought it was a good movie & Robert Pattinson did some good acting in it. I thought Emilie de Ravin was also very good.
In case you're wondering if Dan made it through the movie, no he did not. He made it about 30 minutes in & then passed out on my shoulder with popcorn crumbs all over him. As we were walking to our car he asked if the movie was any good & I told him I liked it. His response was "I knew I wasn't going to make it". That's OK Lover, at least you came with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails