Monday, March 22, 2010

Sunny & Relaxing Weekend

Since the weather was SO nice we spent most of our time outside this weekend. Dan had a home game on Friday night & I ended up meeting his sister Kelly (& 4 of her students) at the game. The Hornets had a pretty good turnout but unfortunately they did not come away with a win; it was so close too, (0-1). :o(
On Saturday Dan had practice in the morning so Lex & I slept in & laid around most of the morning. I had borrowed the movie Whip It from our neighbors Laura & Evan (they got it on Netflix) & I've been wanting to see it since it came out in the theaters so they were kind enough to let me borrow it. So I watched it & I absolutely loved it. It was such a cute movie & I love Ellen Page's acting. I've put the movie on my LONG list of DVDs that I want to buy, eventually. After the movie was over I finally got cleaned up & started on the house work around 2:00 p.m. I even got the energy to mop the hardwood floors which I've been needing to do for weeks but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Laziness, yes. I would like to mention that I now have another object to add to my list of broken knobs/tools & that is our Bruce mop that we bought at Lowe's after we purchased our hardwood floors. I completely snapped the mop handle & instead of the mopping being an easy task I was forced to get on my hands & knees & mop with only the cloth part of the mop which was a lot harder than I thought it would be. After Dan vacuumed the stairs he noticed that I was on my hands & knees & said, "what did you do now?" :o( My "man hands" have been wreaking havoc on our house for years; I wonder if I will ever be able to control them? Probably not.
Saturday night we decided to stay in & cook out instead of making our weekly trip out to Don Pablo's. But don't think for one second that we opted to make something else besides mexican food...we made fajitas. :o) We L-O-V-E our mexican food, yes we do! I even commented to Dan while we were out on the deck scarfing down our dinner that I could eat mexican food every night; he commented back with a smile & a "me too". After dinner we had our college friend, TR & his girlfriend, over for dessert & drinks. It was nice to see them & get to visit. Earlier in the day on Saturday Dan & I had purchased some deck lights & I was able to string them up before our company came over; here's a photo of part of our deck lit up: (The stringing of these lights were a huge pain in the ass because I had to nail them up instead of using tacks like I thought would work. I probably smashed my fingers with the hammer at least 10 times, never again. You're probably wondering why Dan didn't hang the lights for me & that's because I am so anal that I wanted them to be hung perfectly so I had him make dinner while I did the hammering.)
While our company was over we decided to pull out our ceramic platter that we made on Valentine's Day for its first debut: (The cookies & brownies that it held were absolutely yummy.) :o)
On Sunday Dan had lessons from 11 - 3 so before he left he had the idea of taking Lexi to the high school & letting her run around the fields; he had to go over there to paint the lines for the lacrosse game that was scheduled for Monday. We made our way over there & after some running around & chasing one another I asked her if she wanted some water & she came sprinting at me full speed while I was getting her bottled water out of your back pack & even though she only weighs 10 lbs. she completely knocked me over; little stink. She was so exhausted by the time we got home & laid on the couch the rest of the night. While Lexi & I were recovering from our trip to the high school, Dan made a short trip to the grocery store to get a few things for the week & decided to buy me the New Moon DVD. He's so sweet. I was so excited & giddy to watch it that I popped it in after dinner. :o)

I hope everyone enjoyed the nice weather this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails