Friday, March 26, 2010

Pure & Utter Relief

For those of you that are not on my immediate email list, I have some great news to share......I have accepted a new position at a law firm in Fairfax, VA & have officially given my 2 weeks notice to my boss! I am very excited. In the words of Jason Aldean (singing) "quit my job, flipped off the boss, took my name off the payroll (screw you man)". Well, not exactly that way but on my way back to work on Friday after lunch that song came on the radio.
Anyway, I had an interview on Monday afternoon with The Duff Law Firm & since then I have been impatiently waiting for Friday to roll around because that is when Nancy, the office manager, was going to make her decision about the position. All week I had been replaying the interview over & over in my head thinking of ways that I could have said this & that better. The waiting was driving me crazy. I even woke up at 5:00 a.m. on Friday morning & couldn't go back to sleep because I was worried about the job offer & not hearing good news. I didn't want to have to start over with my job search & not have an end in sight with my current job. Finally around 12:30 p.m. I heard from Nancy who extended the offer to me saying that I was her first choice during the entire interviewing process. :D I was very pleased to hear that. After my nerves were calmed by the new job offer the nerves started to set in about telling my current boss that I was quitting. I had been looking forward to that day for so long & now I didn't know what to say. I was thinking it was going to go badly but fortunately he decided to take the high road & accept my resignation in the end. I now feel like I have a weight that is lifted off my shoulders. I am definitely going to miss the good days at my old office, i.e. when the attorneys are in Court & its only the girls in the office. It makes me sad just thinking about it because I could not have made it through these last 2 years without Valerie. I'm really going to miss her.
My last day at O'Connor & Vaughn, LLC is Thursday, April 8. I start my new job at The Duff Law Firm on Monday, April 12. I am driving up to PA to visit my family on Friday, April 9 for a long weekend visit. Thanks to everyone that helped during this whole process. I especially want to thank my adorable & supporting husband who talked me down from quitting probably every single week & gave me the strength to hang in there until I had another job lined up. I couldn't have done it without you Lover - you complete me. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails