Sunday, January 17, 2010

30 Day Shred & New Friends

One of the blogs that I read weekly on Blogger is Ex Hot Girl. I found her after I signed up & I have been hooked on her blog ever since. Her writing always makes me laugh. I found out about Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred from her site because she started doing the program & raved & bitched about it. So last Monday night I drove over to Wal-Mart & purchased the DVD. I was planning on starting it Tuesday night after work but I couldn't work up enough energy after making dinner to start it so Tuesday turned into Wednesday, Wednesday turned into Thursday & here I am on Sunday & I have finally popped it into the DVD player. I'm hoping that my energy level will increase after about a week of doing the DVD because as soon as I get home from work & finish cooking dinner, I'm exhausted; I can't wait for 9:00 p.m. so I can start getting ready for bed.
I noticed some similarities in Jillian's workout & the P90X workout, for example, she does legs & arms together, back & biceps, & the three level method - strength, cardio & abs. The DVD is a 20 minute workout with no breaks & I will admit it was difficult. I was sweating my ass off & breathing heavy within the first 5 minutes. My legs are very sore & I did tweak my bad knee while doing lunges but I pressed on! I also signed up for the online program to keep me on track the entire 30 days & there are some great receipes & workout tips on there. I highly recommend it. Jillian is having a special right now where you get the first 30 days free & then you pay $4 a week after that.
In order to keep myself on track with this workout I have been trying to talk my co-worker Valerie into doing it with me so I could have someone at work telling me, "are you working out today?"; "don't eat that!" For some extra moral support, I joined my neighbor Laura in her little group that she started called "10 in 10" which is a goal to lose 10 lbs. in 10 weeks because lets face it people, its so much more fun to workout with a buddy. I have a tendency to quit a workout after a few weeks because I get so bored with it or because I'm just too exhausted. I refuse to be a quitter this time around & I am forcing myself to do the entire 30 days which lets face it, is not that long. Wish me luck!

On Saturday morning I had to go into the office to get caught up on some filing & so, of course, I took Lexi with me. At work on Friday Valerie found out that I was coming into the office on Saturday morning & she said she would stop by the office after she picked up her standard poodle, Remy, from the groomers so they could meet & have a play date. I thought that was a great idea. :o) Their first interaction at the office was to bark at one another & get the smells in but after that they just walked around minding their own business; they weren't too worked up about anything so we decided to take them outside. Here is a photo I took of them: They played chase on the grass in front of our office & it was hilarious because Lexi is very quick & Remy would try to chase her & wouldn't even come close to catching her. Remy got tired quickly so the play date was cut short. I'm glad Lexi got to meet him though because Val has been saying how she wants to babysit Lexi so if Dan & I need to go away for a night or take a short weekend trip she will be able to watch her. That is very sweet of her to offer & we might just take you up on that Val. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails