Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Eve

Last night Dan & I were lucky enough to ring in the New Year with some of our friends from college. We drove up to Pittsburgh around 5:00 p.m. & got to see our friends Jesse & Jenni. I couldn't remember the last time we got to see them, it was definitely over a year ago. We left their house & went to eat at Interchange Lounge with a group of their friends & our food was fabulous. After dinner we went to pick up our friend Brian & drove over to Jesse's friend Jeff's house who was having the New Year's Eve party. Unfortunately when I got there I had a huge headache & was completely miserable so I had to sit & watch a few of the games they played until I felt a little better. Once my headache went away I was able to join in on the fun & we had a good time; Jeff had a full house. After the games, we all sat around listening to music & waiting for the ball to drop. After all of the Happy New Year's & kisses, we hung out for a while longer & drove back to Jesse's to get some sleep. I realized this morning that we didn't get to bed until 3:30 a.m. & that is definitely not like me. I'm usually the one that is passed out on the couch & Dan has to wake me up right before the ball drops to get his New Year's kiss. This year was different & it was fun to stay up the entire time but I'm really feeling my lack of sleep today. I will probably be going to be early tonight.
This morning I got to meet Luke, Jesse & Jenni's baby boy, for the first time. He is sooo sweet. It took him a while to warm up to me but once he did we were having fun playing with his cars, trucks, etc. I did take photos throughout the night & some pictures of Luke coloring with Dan but I forgot my adapter at home so I can't upload any of my photos until we are back in Virginia. I will be sure to post them this weekend for everyone to see.
I hope everyone was safe last night & had fun celebrating the New Year. I hope 2010 will be as good to you as 2009 was to Dan & I & that your New Year's Resolutions will be kept longer than a month, unlike mine. I always make a huge list of resolutions & then they all end up going out the window. This year I decided not to make a list since it doesn't get done so I'm just going to take things as they come. Good luck with all of yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails