Monday, January 25, 2010

Week 1 of 30 Day Shred

I have completed my first week of Jillian's 30 Day Shred & I must say that the second & third day was absolutely miserable because I was so sore that I literally could not move. I'm sure I have said this before after starting a new workout but I don't think I have ever been that sore. Not being able to straighten your arms is a huge pain in the ass. I have seen some improvements though, such as, more endurance during the workout & being less hungry. Since I am logging my food intake during the day I see what I'm taking in & how many calories it is, etc. Wow, I was eating a lot of food that was not good for me. I guess you don't realize until the totals are looking you in the face. My calorie range is 1200 - 1400 per day & I'm doing well so far. Last night I did cheat & had some milk duds (yummy, right Dad?) but I only had about 5 or 6 & then I just didn't want anymore which is a huge shock because I have eaten the entire box before in one sitting. Chocolate is definitely my weakness & probably always will be. I am starting Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred tonight so we will see how it goes. I know its going to be harder but I am feeling good & staying positive. Here is a short list of my progress so far:

~ I'm up to 12 push ups per set now & not the girlie ones where you have your knees on the ground.
~ I increased my weights from 5 lbs. to 8 lbs. & pertaining on which exercise I'm doing I might kick it up to 10 lbs. to feel the burn.
~ I have lost 2 lbs. since last week. :o)

For those of you that are doing a workout program, I hope you are seeing the results you want & keeping it up; I'm doing the same thing you are & I'm right there with you & hopefully you all look as cute as this little guy does in your workout outfits. :o)

2 comments:

  1. Hey-way to go on the Shred! How was level 2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! I posted a comment to your 10 in 10 post answering your question. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails