Thursday, January 28, 2010

Groomers On The Go

Someone needs a haircut & yep you're right, its Lexi. Those of you that have dogs & specifically a poodle mix, know that they have to be groomed regularly. I was aware of this expense when we bought Lexi but Dan was not. He thought her grooming could be taken care of by one of us & trust me I have tried but it is more stress than its worth. I had actually borrowed a grooming kit from my co-worker Valerie & that lasted about 3 weeks until I realized that I was spending my Saturdays combing, brushing, bathing & blow drying Lexi & when I say Saturdays I mean ALL DAY on Saturdays. I would even freak out worse than I do now when she gets dirty because I would think about grooming her again. That was the end of that. Dan's still not too excited about paying for Lexi to get her haircut every 4 - 6 weeks but he goes along with it. He never asks me how much it costs anymore because he just complains after I tell him. Since we moved to Sterling, I am on my second groomer. The first place I took Lexi to was called Dog-A-Do & after a few times of taking her there she would pee after walking through the door & shake uncontrollably. Now that started to make me wonder what was going on while I wasn't there with her so in an attempt to keep her from having a heart attack I found another groomers that was down the street & they are Canine Carousel (cute names don't you think?). I have been with them for over a year now & there was a definite improvement in Lexi when I changed to their place because even though she still shakes a little, she doesn't pee & doesn't look like she's having a seizure. I'm sure she will always hate getting her hair cut but its a must for her. I really like the girl Nikki who cuts her but I received an email the other day saying that they were increasing their prices & now I just can't afford it. I was getting a little worried about finding a replacement groomer when I came across Diva Dogs. They come to your house & groom your pet in their van. I had heard of mobile pet grooming when I saw one of my neighbors having their dog groomed by Dunkin' Doggies in their driveway but I always thought they were too expensive. Diva Dogs is actually very reasonable & cheaper than Canine Carousel now so that was a plus. The convenience is great also. Before I would have to take Lexi to the groomers & drop her off & 6 hours later I would get to pick her up; that's just too long so I scheduled Lexi for an appointment on Monday morning because Dan will be home while she's getting her hair done. I'm excited to see how she turns out & if she does well with John so I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails