Sunday, January 24, 2010

Let There Be Color...

As most of you know, this weekend was my weekend to paint. Dan & I picked out Glazed Pecan for an accent wall behind our fire place in our living room. I did two coats & I really, really like it. I didn't realize how much color one wall adds to a room. I think it brings out the other colors that are in our house too. I do plan on painting more but I just haven't decided where and what color to use. I definitely want to paint the kitchen but that will be difficult because a lot of walls run together & I'd prefer not to use the same color throughout but we shall see. Once I figure it out all I'll have to do is pick a color - yikes! That was the hardest part. I just couldn't make up my mind. There are way too many colors out there. I have an idea for some colors that I think would look good together but you never know until you actually get there & look at them up close. The last time I went to Home Depot I did drag Dan with me & he really wasn't a huge help but I liked having him there because we were doing it together instead of me just coming home with what I liked & putting it up. I really did enjoy painting this weekend & I had fun even though it was only 1 wall.

Here are the before & after photos:
Before:
After:

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails