Wednesday, February 10, 2010

So Happy For Him

Since I was in middle school my Dad has been wanting a truck, you know, a man's vehicle. Usually he would drive the handicap van around for practices, work, etc. & Mom would get the Explorer, SUV, etc. Every time he would bring up buying a truck to my Mom she would say, "no Mike, we don't need a truck". I would then see that look on his face like he was just told that he couldn't have cookies before dinner. :o( Well...the time has finally come! My parents went & bought one this week! Exciting, right? Well I think so. I'm so happy that he finally got one. My Mom had decided several months ago that she was going to trade in her Mercedes SUV so he could get one. The funny thing is that he got the same truck that Dan has. Now maybe not the exact truck but he did get an F150 Supercab; Dan's is a 2005 & my Dad's is a 2007; Dan's is black & my Dad's is red & gray. Here are some photos that he sent to my phone:
Nice, huh?
While I was talking to him on the phone last night I asked him if he drove it to work & he said yes; now this is funny because my parents house is not even a 1/2 mile from the University where my Dad works. He has always walked to work, rain or shine & usually trying to find a parking spot at the University never happens so he did get lucky. He also said he drove it to practice last night. :o)
While I was typing this post, I realized that I had not asked my Dad what he was going to name his new truck. Our family has always named our vehicles which I'm sure everyone thinks is weird but who cares. To take you back to my first vehicle (a dark purple Chevrolet Cavalier) her name was Chevy (pretty original, huh?) My second car was my blue Dodge Neon & her name was Jasmine or Jazzy. My Toyota Matrix that I have now is named Daisy (notice how all my vehicles are girls?) The first handicap van that my parents bought they named him Sherman or the Sherminator. The handicap van they have now is named Bruce. My Mom's Mercedes SUV was named Benzy & Dan's truck is named Eightball. Yes we may be special but we're all special together. Does anyone else name their vehicles or is it only us?
Enjoy your new ride Dad, you deserve it. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails