Monday, February 22, 2010

Sunday Funday

Yesterday Dan & I decided to drive over to Brambleton in Ashburn to pick up the pottery tray that we decorated on Valentine's Day - we decided to take Lexi with us so she could get some walk time in; she has been going crazy this past week being cooped up in the house. Before we left, our door bell rang & it was one of our neighbors bringing Dan over a case of Miller Lite to say thank you for his shoveling during the snow storm (they used his truck all day). Dan was very excited & I thought that was so nice of him.
Once we got to Brambleton we walked around a while since the weather wasn't too cold & then we stopped in at Color Me Mine & picked up our tray. We were afraid it was going to turn out worse than when we left it but surprisingly it looked a lot better after being fired & glazed...here it is: After our trip into Ashburn I dropped Dan & Lexi off & then went over to INOVA to give blood. During the screening process I had to get my finger pricked to check my iron levels & after that was done I remembered how much I hated it. After being cleared I was hooked up to the machine & poked with a second needle; that wasn't too bad though, it hurt less than the finger prick. The phlebotomist, Amanda, that was assisting me noticed that I was O negative & told me a few interesting facts about my blood type: (1) O negative is the only blood type that can be used for anyone but I can only receive O negative blood if I were to need a transfusion; (2) O negative is usually used for babies & trauma patients & (3) 7 out of 100 people have O negative blood type. After I heard all that my warm & fuzzy feeling came immediately. I plan on donating again but I have to wait until April 18.
For dinner Dan & I met up with his sister, Kelly, who lives in WV but was staying in VA for the weekend to house sit/dog sit. We decided to go to Buffalo Wild Wings which they just put in by our house; Dan is obsessed with their buffalo chicken sandwich so he was pretty excited to eat there (I think he might have mentioned the sandwich at least 5 times before we even went to dinner).
I was bummed for a brief period of time yesterday because one of the groups that I signed up for had a meet up scheduled but unfortunately the organizer had a family emergency & had to cancel it; I was looking forward to going because we were meeting for brunch at a restaurant in Reston that I've never been to. After checking my email that afternoon I perked up a bit because I found out that we are having a cupcake exchange the first weekend of March. So excited about that & can't wait to make some cute cupcakes to take with me. :o)

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails