Monday, February 1, 2010

Movie Night(s)

On my way home from work on Friday Dan called & talked me into going out to eat which did not take too much convincing because I had no desire to work out & I knew that if we went to dinner I would not work out when we got home. We decided to go to Red Robin which we had not been for a while; I really missed their turkey burger. :o) During dinner we decided to go to Blockbuster & rent some movies. We usually have a movie night every weekend so this was normal for us. We weren't able to decide between 3 movies so we ended up getting all of them: The Proposal; Public Enemies & Whiteout. After our movie purchases we walked over to Giant to get some snacks. Dan always gets ice cream & I picked out some candy. This time I got candy corn & I was so excited they had it because usually I can't find it unless its around Halloween. When we finally got home we only had enough time to watch 1 movie so we watched The Proposal & I really liked it; its a chick flick but I think Dan liked it too because Ryan Reynolds is pretty hilarious. Like always, Dan did not break out his ice cream until after the movie so he kept eating my candy corn & we ended up finishing the entire bag.
On Saturday night we decided to stay in again & watch Public Enemies. This is one of those movies where I was rooting for the bad guy, Johnny Depp. If you haven't seen it I'm not going to ruin it for you because it is a pretty good movie. I recommend it.
On Sunday Dan had a baseball meeting in the afternoon so while he was gone I watched Whiteout; probably not the best movie to be watching alone because I thought it was scary. It was about a series of murders in Antarctica & of course there were a lot of dead bodies. I don't do well with scary movies. I had to cover my eyes at some parts but other than that it was entertaining. There is no way I could have watched that at night. I'm sure Dan would have liked it because it has Kate Beckinsale in it. Of course, what guy wouldn't like her.
I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend & stayed warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails