Sunday, February 28, 2010

One Social Weekend

We were busy, busy this weekend. I don't think I have ever ran around so much in my life. On Friday night Dan & I decided to grab a quick dinner at Don Pablo's (shocker!). We got there around 7:00 p.m. & while ordering our food our friends Doug & Meta called us to get together so they met us for dinner. It was so nice to see them & we always have such a great time just sitting & chatting. We ended up leaving the restaurant around 10:00 p.m. so our quick dinner lasted a lot longer than we had originally planned.
On Saturday Dan had baseball practice & a field day at the high school so I decided to head up to WV for Skylar's pizza party (she turned 8 this past week). I got up there around 11:30 a.m. & spent some time with Aurie, Kelly, Glenn, Arden & Skylar before Skylar's friends arrived; she had invited her girlfriends from school. After having some pizza, Kelly, Glenn, Arden & I drove to Arden's basketball game at 1:30 p.m. & I got to sit & watch her play. I'm so glad I was able to make it to the game because I had a great time watching her. She even scored a basket right at the end of the game when the buzzer was going off so we were super excited for her. Here are some of the photos I took: Great defense! Following in her Uncle Dan's footsteps with the #32; he would be proud. Deciding whether or not to run in for the rebound.
When we got back to Skylar's party she had already opened her gifts & absolutely loved her pillow pet that Dan & I got her. She had originally wanted a panda but unfortunately they were all sold out so I picked the one that I thought was the cutest, a bumble bee, & I was so glad I did because she loved it. I had never heard of a pillow pet before but they are the softest pillow I have ever felt & when you're not using it as a pillow you can velcro it together & make a pet to carry around with you. :o)
While we were sitting around socializing I got a call from Dan telling me that he was on his way to the ER because there was an accident while he was working on the field...he busted his lip & had to get 7 stitches. I did not like the fact that I was an hour away from him when this happened but thankfully his good friend, Greg, drove him to the ER & stayed with him. It felt like it took me forever to make it home but when I got there this is what I saw...(WARNING: if you have a weak stomach, I don't recommend looking at this photo) Poor guy. He had been putting up a piece of equipment for the baseball team & had tried pulling one of the steel bars & it came back & popped him in the mouth. Thankfully none of his teeth were chipped. He had to have 5 shots of novocaine before they could put the stitches in. :o(
On Sunday Dan had lessons all day (yes, he still had to go even with his mouth the way it was & talk/yell for several hours), & while he went to lessons I met up with one of the social groups that I signed up with a few weeks ago & went indoor rock climbing. Our basic skills class started at Noon & lasted an hour; after that we were able to roam the facility & climb on our own. I had so much fun & met some really great people. I absolutely loved rock climbing & I have to say it is my favorite hobby. I have decided to go back & get certified which is taking a test in front of an instructor to show them that you know how to tie the correct knots for climbing/belaying & that you know how to belay. Our instructor also told me about groups they have that do outdoor rock climbing when the weather gets nice & I thought that sounded like so much fun. My group consisted of Kelly, Natalie & I. Here are the photos we took of each other: (Natalie is climbing & Kelly is belaying) (Kelly with our instructor Sean) (Boulder wall climbing - didn't try this but next time I will - lots of upper body strength needed for that) (Natalie trying to cheese for the camera) (I made it to the top every time I climbed! Man it was high!) (Coming down) (Belaying for Kelly - I loved this just as much as the climbing) (Yes I tied those knots & no I will not teach you ;o))
After 2 hours of climbing & not having any energy, several of the people from the group decided to get together for lunch at a local bar/restaurant & watch the Olympic hockey game. I decided to go & was so glad that I did. I had a great time getting to know everyone & we all decided to sign up for the next meetup which is cosmic bowling. I can't wait to see everyone again & I'm glad I decided to step out of my comfort zone & join this meetup group; it was a great experience.
I had a lot of fun this weekend & I'm excited for this weekend to come so I can catch up on sleep & lying around. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails